Hello, I just installed Business Directory Plugin. I attempted to add a listing. It did show up as a draft and I changed it to published. However, when I try to go in and update the fields, I click Update and it just hangs – the listing doesn't update and the page never refreshes. Any ideas?
Also, I would like to know if this plugin can do the following – can I display a list of a certain category on one page? For example, one page would display vineyards, one would show accomodations, one might show restaurants, etc.
When I add new custom fields, would I be able to set up a search to filter by these fields? For example, I set up a multiple select list of types of wine. Is there anyway I could allow visitors of my site to search to see which vineyards produce Chardonnay?
Oops – my website is http://www.visitncwinecountry.com
Okay so it looks like it is a theme related issue – I changed themes and it was able to update. however, I have spent literally hours and hours (days!) customizing my theme – is there anything that you can suggest I try to make this plugin work with my theme? The theme I am using is http://cyberchimps.com/businesspro/
Any suggestions at all are much appreciated. I think your plugin will be perfect, but I need it to work with my theme. Thanks!
Yep, I sure can point you to something to make it look picture perfect: http://businessdirectoryplugin…..our-theme/
Try that and do some template work–I think you'll get what you want out of that.
Can you post more information about the following?
- Version of WP?
- Version of PHP?
- Which specific pages are hanging/broken?
- What happens if you disable ALL other plugins except BD? Does it work?
- Version of WP? Version 3.4.1
- Version of PHP? Version 5
- Which specific pages are hanging/broken? I have added one directory listing, it is called Banner Elk Winery. You can see the front end at http://www.visitncwinecountry……lk-winery/. Here's is what happens when I try to add a listing:
1. I go to Directory > Add New Listing
2. I enter content into all the fields and click "Publish"
3. The little circle on the publish button just keeps spinning, and the page never finishes or refreshes.
4. Then I click on Directory, and I can see where there is a draft of my new listing. So I open it to publish it, but only the text editor information is there – all the other fields that I filled out are blank.
- What happens if you disable ALL other plugins except BD? Does it work? I disabled all other plugins and had the exact same issue. I changed my Theme to a different theme and then it worked. So it seems like there is some issue between this plugin and my theme (business Pro by Cyberchimps.com). Unfortunately, I have spent tons of time customizing this theme so really can't change to a different theme.
Thanks so much for taking a look at this – I already have clients that want paid listings on my site, but can't get it to work.
A theme conflict is going to be tough for us to address. Since it works on another theme, it's quite possible that the theme you have isn't written according to WP 3.0 standards.
I can have a developer take a look at it, but we're in the midst of a release right now so the testing is taking priority and he won't be available to look until maybe early next week. We may be able to find the source of the conflict so you can either fix it directly or talk to the theme developer to get it fixed.
Thanks, I am excited for the new release so I'll be patient, but would greatly appreciate if you could have someone take a look. In the meantime, I figured out to add all of my entries by switching to another theme and once I was done reverting back, lol. But I will need the functionality fixed moving forward so that my clients can edit their own listings.
Thanks for your help!
Most Users Ever Online: 44
Currently Browsing this Page:
Guest Posters: 983
Newest Members: jennifer auer
Administrators: Business Directory Support (1255)