I have implemented this plugin and love it's functionality. I have some questions though on the setup and why certain things are not working.
My directory is located here: http://www.pbmvalve.com/rep-directory
1. Advanced Search
If you click on the advanced search directly under the search bar - the page that comes up shows no options for actual searching. Why is this? See the screen shot below:
2. Child Categories
I know there is an option to show only the parent category in the directory listing. However, The child categories do not show on the next page after clicking on parent they are associated with. If the parent does have child categories can they be displayed on the next page - or do I have to show every category on the main listing? See the screen shot below:
3. Changing the Name of Field(s)
I do not want this area to state 'Business Genre'. I would like it to say 'Rep Area Coverage' - Is this possible
4. Map not showing
I have the google map module installed and the business address (as you can see is in the long business description field) - However in the main listing for the business the map does not show. I have the option selected to use the long description for the address. Any thoughts?
Thanks for any help you can provide for these issues I am having. Thanks again!
Sorry but I am not able to see your attached images. Please use http://imageshack.us/ to attach images in future communication. Please see answers below:
1. You need to indicate which form fields you want to be included in the advanced search. Go to >> Settings >> Manage Form Fields >> edit a form field to find these option at the bottom of the page.
2. Your understanding is correct. That option is used to just hide the child categories from the main directory page. Clicking on the parent category would not take you to child categories page, instead it will take you to the listings page that are listed under that parent/child categories.
3. Go to BD settings >> Manage Form Fields >> Edit the "Business Genre" field to change its label to your desired name.
4. Apparently, your provided address is not in a good format to be found by Google maps and may be that is why its not showing up. For example, in this listing: http://www.pbmvalve.com/rep-di.....ration-ltd , you gave the business name and the email address in the "Long Business Description" field as well. Test a listing with a simpler address such as : "Associated Valve Corporation, Ltd. 703 – 19th Avenue Nisku, AB T9E 7V9 Canada" and see if the map works.
Most Users Ever Online: 103
Currently Online: alexbenwoo
Currently Browsing this Page:
Guest Posters: 3075
Administrators: Business Directory Support: 1500