Here’s a question that comes up quite a bit:
I keep getting this message on the main page on the public website, “You are offering featured listings (or paid listings) but have payments turned off. Go to Manage Options – Payment to change the payment settings. Until you change this, the (Paid Listings) Upgrade to Featured option will be disabled.”
How do I make this go away?
This message is telling you that you need to complete the Payment configuration to get Business Directory to accept payments for listings or to charge for Featured listings.
You basically have three choices here:
1) Turn off payments and featured/sticky listings (since having a “featured listing” is usually associated with a payment, so if you don’t want payments in any way (which is fine with the free plugin, payment gateways are NOT REQUIRED to use it), you’ll need to disable featured/sticky listings for now). This is done under Directory Admin->Manage Options, Listings tab toward the bottom and uncheck “Offer sticky listings?”.
2) Complete payment configuration so you can accept money for featured/sticky listings. This requires a payment gateway to be configured. We include one in BD for free (Authorize.net) and you can purchase others if you prefer a different one. (See below)
3) Use Featured/Sticky listings for free, and just ignore the message. This is probably the least common option.
How To Complete Payment Configuration for Paid Listings
First, a payment gateway is NOT REQUIRED to use BD for testing or free directories, but if you want to accept payments for listings, you will need to configure one to do so.
1) You need to have at least one payment gateway installed. You can use the default (Authorize.net) or you can purchase one of the others (2Checkout, PayPal) from here: http://businessdirectoryplugin…..m-modules/
2) You need to configure that payment gateway under Directory Admin->Manage Options, Payments tab. You should have the “Activate XXX” checked where XXX is the gateway you installed on step 1. You should enter all the required info for that gateway as well (e.g. For PayPal, you need the PayPal email).
3) You need to define at least one Fee plan under Directory Admin->Manage Fees. (Paid listings)
Once these are configured, you can enable Sticky/Featured Listings AND offer Paid Listings on your site. It’s best to test with a sandbox account to ensure everything is working smoothly first.
And finally, once you are finished testing, you’ll want to make sure your payment gateways are NOT in test mode. Go under Directory Admin->Manage Options, Payment tab and uncheck “Put payment gateways in test mode?” to go to production.
Most Users Ever Online: 153
Currently Browsing this Page:
Guest Posters: 3998
Newest Members:[email protected]
Administrators: Business Directory Support: 1696