I have the directory installed here: http://www.kentbusinessmagazin…..directory/ and I have a few issues.
1. When you click on ‘View Listings’ only the very first listing added shows up. I have added 6 entries to the directory, 5 via admin and 1 via the ‘Submit A Listing’ option.
2. When you click on ‘Advanced Search’, it takes you to a page that says ‘Search – Find a Listing’ and nothing else appears. How do you get the search options to appear?
3. When you perform a search, for instance type ‘advanix’ in the search field and click ‘Search’ nothing appears. Is this and the advanced search linked hence why it is also not working?
4. If you click on the category ‘Web Design’, it should display three companies, instead, again, it only shows the first company added. How do you get all of the companies under that category to show up?
However, down the right hand side I have a ‘Latest Directory Listings’ box and all of the new companies show up and when you click on them it takes you to their directory page.
It seems like the plug-in is capturing the data perfectly and the side-boxes are working but the main directory listings just isn’t displaying all the listings or allowing a basic/advanced search.
I am grateful for any help you can provide and Thank you in advance for your assistance.
Sorry that you’re having issues. There are a few things you can check.
1) Do you have your listings assigned to categories?
2) Are your listings PUBLIC and PUBLISHED? Both must be true in order to be visible.
3) Do you have a page with the Business Directory short code on it? (WPBUSDIRMANUI or businessdirectory, surrounded by [ ] ) I ask because a number of folks recently missed that crucial install step.
If those are all OK, please provide screenshots of the Directory->Directory screen as well as of a single listing (from that admin side) that isn’t showing up. Use http://imageshack.us if you need to.
Thank you for your response.
All listings are public and published and have been assigned to categories. I am using WPBUSDIRMANUI as my shortcode. The listings appear if you go to them directly, eg.:
But won’t appear on the listings page if you click on the category ‘e-Commerce’ eg:
I am using the latest version of WP and the BD plugin.
Most Users Ever Online: 325
Currently Online: bizdirectorysupport
Currently Browsing this Page:
Guest Posters: 5348
Newest Members:[email protected]
Moderators: bizdirectorysupport: 18658, BD Support: 3
Administrators: Business Directory Support: 1720