Hi, i am facing an issue in uploading CSV, i always receive that error message ” Required header column “business_name” missing” I followed the documentation precisely however still the issue persists. i even exported the existing listing, and tried to upload the same csv file in the same minute was exported however same error message is received, plz advise?
Sorry to see you running into this issue. What exact version of WP and BD plugin do you have?
This error normally occurs when your CSV column names do not match with the actual field names. Can you please double check and make sure this is not the case? (this is case sensitive)
It could also be a problem with encoding. Can you try changing the encoding to CSV UTF-8 (comma delimited) and saving the file again. That may resolve this problem.
To save your file as tab-delimited, UTF-8 encoded in Excel:
- Choose File-> Save as from the menu.
- In the ‘Save as type’ dropdown > select ‘Text (Tab delimited) (*.txt)’
- Select ‘Web Options’ in the ‘Tools…’ dropdown at the bottom of the dialog box.
- Select the ‘Encoding’ tab.
- In the ‘Save this document as:’ dropdown, select ‘Unicode (UTF-8)’
- On another note and when i started to add listings manually and directly to the admin, i have noticed something strange. I have 3 fee plans, one free, and two are paid with a subscription. so i was adding all to the free plan, however, i can see only the two paid on the right-hand side menu. so does that mean when i don’t choose any of the paid, so by default it is the free plan i selected?
- Some listings operate in multiple cities, so how to choose multiple cities for them from the right-hand side menu as well, similar to multiple categories that i can choose from?
1. The free plan that you’re referring to, is it a custom $0 fee plan that you added? Or is it the default free plan? If it’s the default free plan then it would not appear if your directory is in paid mode. So in that case, you would only see the two paid plans on the right-hand side menu.
2. I assume this is pertaining to the Regions module? If so, I’m sorry but what you’re asking for is something we do not support right now. However, we already have it on our list for future development. I’ve noted down your request so we can better prioritize this for future. Thanks for your input!
Right now, a listing can only be attached to a single region/location at a time.
Most Users Ever Online: 325
Currently Browsing this Page:
Guest Posters: 5312
Moderators: BD Support: 3
Administrators: Business Directory Support: 1720