Sorry to see you having this problem. What version of WP, BD and Ratings plugin do you have? Do you mean the rating stars don’t appear or does the review text not appear after changing the language? Can you please share a screenshot showing the problem? (use http://imgur.com/ if needed)
WP: Vesrion 4.7.3
BD: Vesrion 4.1.9
Google maps: 220.127.116.11
Actually both rating stars & review text do not appear after changing the language. The rating & review were added to English version . When changing to Arabic you do not see rating nor review .
This is a dummy listing I have created for testing. As you can see, English version has rating & review. Photo of listing appears as well as Google maps. After changing the language to Arabic, none of above appears.
I am new to WP.
Since talking about translation, if you have an idea, is it possible to change the whole text to read from right to left when changing to Arabic?
I appreciate your help.
Thanks for the information. OK so this is probably because you did not translate the reviews/ratings for the listing. Please keep in mind that once you decide to translate a taxonomy, untranslated terms will stop appearing on the front end when you browse a language-specific version of the directory. For instance, when you are browsing the Arabic version of the directory page, you’ll only see categories, tags and ratings that have been translated to Arabic. Untranslated taxonomies (and their listings) won’t be available.
Please refer to this documentation that explain how you can use WPML with BD:
Thanks a lot for your reply. I am aware of that documentation but I thought it does not make any sense to translate a review! So I just have to copy the same review to be considered as a translation. How about the star rating? I think you need to have this work this way, just like some famous directory such as Yelp. User selects the language in which user is providing the review, then users have the option to display all reviews in all languages or only a selected language. Also translating the Title “business name” does not make sense as it’s a trade mark. maybe it would be better to provide users who wish to add a listing with 2 text boxes if let’s say the website is in 2 languages, then user provides information in 2 languages. who knows information better that user “business owner” him/herself. Is this possible?
– How about Google maps do not appear?
– & changing the direction of text to read (start) from right to left for Arabic, is this possible?
Sorry you ran into issues here. Can we please get WP admin and FTP credentials to your site to dig into this further?
We need the following information to debug the issue:
– WP admin username
– WP admin password
– WP login URL
– FTP username
– FTP password
– FTP servername/IP address
– Links to this forum thread
Contact us here with that info so we can help better:
Blank maps can happen for a variety of reasons. Do any of these sound like they might be happening in your site?
1) You recently imported a large number of listings. If you did this, the Google Maps API has a daily limit of calls made to it and can be exceeded during the process. Waiting 24 hours usually takes care of the problem as you’ll get a new allocation of calls the next day. Once BD’s Maps module can get the geolocation data, we cache it. This is probably the most common cause.
2) You’re using a theme or other plugin that is using the Google Maps API as well. The limit is imposed for all calls made from the server, so if your other software has used them up for the day, the map is blank until it can get the data. This is less common, but can happen.
3) You’re on a shared hosting plan and someone else is using the Google Maps API on your server besides you. The calls are allocated per IP address, so a shared host means shared calls. This is the least common, but we see it occasionally.
4) You haven’t mapped the listing fields on the Maps tab OR your listing doesn’t have any address/location data. Without anything to locate with, the Map won’t actually appear.
In first two cases, the first thing to do is wait 24 hours and see if the maps appear on their own. If not, then the next thing to check is to see if the Maps are having some kind of conflict, but it’s best to know if they restore on their own first.
Hang in there for 24 hours and let’s see what happens then if the second two suggestions don’t work.
Most Users Ever Online: 197
Currently Online: [email protected]
Currently Browsing this Page:
Guest Posters: 4160
Newest Members:[email protected]
Administrators: Business Directory Support: 1710