This comes up a lot so I'll walk through a detailed way to check for plugin and theme conflicts with BD. Not all plugins are as well written as they should be and conflicts arise when developers fail to follow the WP standards on plugin APIs and such. So if you're seeing a weird issue with BD, the first thing you should check is whether a plugin conflict is causing it or not.
Plugin Conflict Check:
This is a temporary check to find out if any other plugin is interfering with BD's functionality. It's not intended as a fix, only as a way to find out what the cause of the problem is.
1) Temporarily disable ALL other plugins except BD (and related premium modules for BD)
2) Test the problem again.
3) If the problem disappears, then you have a plugin conflict on your hands.
a) Enable the plugins ONE at a time and test the problem (step 2) each time.
b) Repeat this until you see the failure.
c) The plugin you just enabled is the culprit. Skip to step 5.
4) If you disable all plugins and the conflict is STILL there, continue to "Theme Conflict Check".
5) Re-enable your disabled plugins again.
Theme Conflict Check:
This is a temporary check to find out if your theme is interfering with BD's functionality. It's not intended as a fix, only as a way to find out what the cause of the problem is.
1) Temporarily switch to a default theme, like TwentyTen or TwentyEleven.
2) Test the problem again
3) If the problem disappears, then you have a theme conflict on your hands.
4) If the problem remains, the bug is in BD itself. Report this on the forum.
4) Switch back to your original theme again
It's important to understand if a theme or plugin conflict is happening, since every plugin and theme can be a little bit different. For theme problems, we will likely refer you to the theme developer or perhaps offer a simple fix (if we know of it). Plugin problems may be resolved if you recently updated to a new version by downgrading to the last good version you were using.
In general, we can't really fix issues with other plugins if they are doing something that violates WordPress standards. We will do our best to help, but if we find this to be the case, you'll need to get in touch with the plugin or theme developer and ask them to fix it.
Most Users Ever Online: 44
Currently Browsing this Page:
Guest Posters: 979
Newest Members: prosenjit
Administrators: Business Directory Support (1255)