To update a translation file on upgrade of the plugin, here is a set of instructions to follow (The file names are for AWPCP, but the steps are identical for BD as well):
1. Open existing translation file (AWPCP-de_DE.po, for example) using POEdit.
2. Go to the Catalog menu and choose the update from POT file option.
3. Use Open File dialog to open the file AWPCP.pot, included in the languages directory of AWPCP 3.0 or newer.
4. POEdit will report how many strings were added and how many are obsolete. Click ok to complete the update.
5. The PO file should be now updated. The status bar at the botton of POEdit will tell the total number of strings in the translation file. How many are pending translation and how many were automatically translated using fuzzy match.
6. Strings that are not translated (shown in blue) and those that were automatically translated (shown in yellow) need to be updated.
7. I have had problems working with fuzzy translations. WP seems to ignore those strings, and the algorithm is not as good as one may want.
All fuzzy translations should be reviewed and marked as not-fuzzy.
If you edit a fuzzy translation it gets marked as non-fuzzy automatically but that can also be done using a button in POEdit’s toolbar. Clicking the button toggles the fuzzy status of the selected string.
[Image Can Not Be Found]
8. Make sure POEdit is configured to generate a .mo file when you save your PO file. The .mo file is a compiled version of the translations file and is the file WP will read to get translations for the plugin.
9. Save the catalog and make sure to copy both the .po and .mo files to the languages/ directory inside AWPCP plugin folder.
Most Users Ever Online: 103
Currently Browsing this Page:
Guest Posters: 3650
Administrators: Business Directory Support: 1680