To translate Business Directory's strings to your native language, OR to change the values of the labels for your own purposes, here is a set of instructions to follow:
1. Make sure BD is installed and working FIRST.
2. Download poEdit for your operating system here: http://www.poedit.net/download.php
3. Once in poEdit, go to File > Open… and find WPBDM.po (downloaded from wp-content/plugins/business-directory-plugin/languages on your installation of WordPress)
4. Right-click on the field you want to change and choose "Copy original to translation field."
5. In the bottom box, change the wording to how you want it. For example, I changed "Item Price" to "Item Price (don't use a dollar sign)"
6. Repeat the last step for ALL strings in the file or those you wish to change.
7. Save as WPBDM-[language_code].po. It will automatically create the .mo file: WPBDM-[language_code].mo, where [language_code] is your ISO country/language code, like en_US (English in the US), fr_FR (French in France), de_DE (German), es_ES (Spanish from Spain), etc.
8. Upload both these files to the wp-content/plugins/business-directory-plugin/languages directory.
9. For non-English users, make sure your wp-config.php has "WPLANG" defined for the language code that you used above. Save the changes.
NOTE: Not every string is included in the PO file. For example, all field labels are translated by going to Directory Admin->Manage Form Fields. Some strings are also in the General tab of Directory Admin->Manage Options as well. Please be aware of this.
Furthermore, here's a guide for translating WP plugins in general (including language codes, naming conventions, and encodings):
I followed this, but it doesn't seem to change.
I did what you stated above, uploaded the new files. But when I go to http://www.whatshouldibe.me/interview-listings/58/hot-shot-james-coller/ I still see "Send Message to listing owner" instead of the change I made, which is just "Send Message".
What else could be the issue?
I've checked your link but couldn't see "Send Message to listing owner" or "Send Message" on that page. Have you disabled the listing contact form on listing pages?
Another way to make that change is by editing the template and putting it in your theme (so you don't lose the change). The template is under templates/listing-contactform.tpl.php.
French translation for BD 3.3 (and AWPCP 3.2.2): http://www.securysee.fr/telech…..raduction/
Most Users Ever Online: 103
Currently Online: Juan M. Gonzalez
Currently Browsing this Page:
Guest Posters: 2039
Newest Members: baytech1
Administrators: Business Directory Support (1405)