This module allows your businesses that list in Business Directory to have a Google Map for their address. You can map the address fields from any field you’ve added in the Manage Form Fields section. You can also choose the map type (satellite, hybrid, terrain, street view) and the size of the map, as well as markers to display.
The map is displayed on the single listing view only at this time.
The files you download are in a ZIP that is a full plugin. The installation instructions are inside of it, and here as well:
Upload the ZIP as a plugin via the MANUAL process. From the WordPress admin panel
- Go to Plugins->Add New,
- Click on the “Upload” link, and then click on Browse Now to locate the ZIP file you just downloaded.
- Click OK once you find it on your local computer
- Click the Install Now button to start the process.
- After the installation completes, click the “Activate Plugin” link to turn on the module
Google Maps admin screen looks like this:
The options are as follows:
- Turn on Google Maps Integration: Activates or deactivates the map displays on the listing views. Must be on to show the maps for the listing’s address fields. On by default.
- Map Size: The dimensions of the Google Map to display, either Large (400×600) or Small (200×300).
- Map Type: One of the following choices: Road Map, Satellite, Terrain or Hybrid. Road Map will display the labeled streets in a colored map. Satellite and Terrain will use the images from Google Earth. Hybrid overlays the two.
- Animate markers? Turns on basic Google Map animations for the markers where the business is located.
- Field Options–these are the mappings of where Google Maps will pull its address data from using your listing fields defined under Manage Form Fields. You can map up to 5 different fields to use. Google Maps requires at least one to be mapped.
- Address: Which field in your list of form fields maps to the base address
- City: Which field in your list of form fields maps to the city
- State: Which field in your list of form fields maps to the state
- Country: Which field in your list of form fields maps to the country
- ZIP/Postal Code: Which field in your list of form fields maps to the postal code
Google Maps in action:
Once you’ve defined the map fields and activated the module, you should see this appear on a single listing view:
This particular display is with the “Large Map” and “Roadmap” settings on. The fields “Address”, “City” and “State” are used to map the location of Apple Computer here.