Installing Business Directory
To install Business Directory from the WordPress.org repository, start by visiting your Plugins section of your WP admin panel:
Enter “Business Directory” into the search box, click on “Search Plugins”. This will bring up the Business Directory Plugin install screen.
Click on “Install Now”. WP will prompt you with “Are you sure?” Click OK. After the download is complete, click on “Activate Plugin”.
Business Directory is now installed and ready to configure.
Installing Premium Modules
When you purchase a module, you receive a download link. (Combo Packs will receive a series of links instead of just one) This will allow you to download a ZIP file. The ZIP you download is a full WP plugin. The installation instructions are inside of the plugin, and here as well:
Upload the ZIP as a plugin via the MANUAL process. From the WordPress admin panel
- Download the plugin first by clicking in the link in the email.
- Go to Plugins->Add New
- Click on the “Upload” link, and then click on Browse Now to locate the ZIP file you just downloaded
- Click OK once you find it on your local computer
- Click the Install Now button to start the process
- After the installation completes, click the “Activate Plugin” link to turn on the module
NOTE: The Combo Packs are just a bunch of plugins you install following the same instructions as above for each module!
After installing Business Directory, you will see two new sections added to your WP Admin panel (usually on the lower left):
The Directory menu of the Admin Dashboard is where you perform basic operations with listings, such as creation, editing, deletion of listing, creation, editing, deletion of categories, or creation, editing or deletion of tags.
The Directory Admin menu is ONLY visible to administrators. It contains operations to manage the internal data of your directory, along with specific admin-level functions like Uninstall and Import.
Business Directory will install a short code on a page created by Business Directory during installation. This page is important and should not be hidden, made private, or deleted. It is the primary page that BD uses to display your directory on your site.
You will want to perform the following operations to configure your directory immediately:
- Configure your Form Fields to define what data your directory will contain
- Configure your categories to define what groups listings will fall under
- Configure Fee Plans and Payment Gateways (if you plan to sell listings)
- Import any initial listings via CSV, if desired
- Configure any miscellaneous settings, such as Registration, Regions, Ratings, or Maps