Want to allow location-based filtering of listings? This would offer a great regional business directory experience. Configure your site for local searching quickly and easily. Instead of adding location categories (like states, cities, etc.) use the Regions module and consider the problem solved.
This regional business directory module allows the businesses that list in your business directory to be filtered by location. It includes city, state, county, country, continent, etc. You can define what regions you want to use (in any hierarchy you wish) and show convenient “quick filter” links, similar to Craigslist's front page. Only listings relevant to the region you've selected will be displayed to the user.
It will make your site even more relevant to users with local search in mind.
Some features of the Regions module that will improve your regional business directory:
- Region selector (displayed at the top of the Directory and View Listings pages for users to decide where to browse).
- Sidelist for quick-filter selection.
- Easy administration to add/remove regions, change the hierarchy, add or remove regions from the side list.
- Automatic creation of Regions fields when you define the hierarchy of regions. Fields can be ordered and displayed where you wish (list view, detail view, search view, or any combination of these).
- Searching by region added to the search form.
- Region selection is constrained to regions you've defined when placing a listing.
- Regions can display pages of listings by URL to show listings in a particular city/state.
- Mobile friendly!
More information and screenshots of the Regions module are available on the Regions documentation page.