2Checkout Payment Gateway
Business Directory supports 5 payment gateway modules:
- Authorize.net (included in the Core Plugin)
- PayPal (when you buy the PayPal Premium module)
- 2Checkout (when you get the 2Checkout Premium module)
- Stripe (when you get the Stripe Premium module)
- PayFast (South Africa only) (when you get the PayFast Premium module)
Google Wallet is no longer supported because Google dropped support for it officially on March 15, 2015. Others can considered for future development but they are not currently available. Less common payment gateways can be added by those who understand PHP and WordPress API programming and modeling the gateway off of the included free one in the plugin.
Installing Payment Gateways
The ZIP you download is a full WP plugin. Install it as follows:
Upload the ZIP as a plugin via the MANUAL process. From the WordPress admin panel
- Go to Plugins->Add New,
- Click on the “Upload” link, and then click on Browse Now to locate the ZIP file you just downloaded.
- Click OK once you find it on your local computer
- Click the Install Now button to start the process.
- After the installation completes, click the “Activate Plugin” link to turn on the module
If you have an older version installed, you will need UPGRADE it instead. The steps are similar, but start slightly different:
- Go to Plugins->Installed Plugins
- Find the existing ‘Business Directory <gateway>’ module (where <gateway> is the name of the payment gateway, like PayPal) and click on “Deactivate”.
- When the operation is complete, then click on “Delete” for the same plugin.
- When that finishes, perform the steps above on installing the plugin from scratch.
Configuring 2Checkout Gateway
2Checkout can be configured quickly and easily after installing the 2Checkout Premium module by doing the following:
- Install 2Checkout Gateway module
- Go to Directory Admin->Manage Options->Payment
- At the top, check “Enable Payments”.
- Click on the 2Checkout sub-tab
- Check the box to activate 2Checkout gateway option
- Enter your 2Checkout Seller ID (you get this from your 2Checkout account information on their site) THIS IS REQUIRED!
- Enter your 2Checkout Secret Word (also from your 2Checkout account)
- (Optional, but recommended) Put the payment gateways in test mode. Uncheck this when done testing!
- Change your currency, if applicable
- Change currency display options, if you want
- Turn on the abandoned cart emails, if desired
- Save settings
- Create one or more Fee Plans
- Update your settings in your 2Checkout account to use the Instant Notification URL (click the link you see in the 2Checkout settings in BD to learn more)
- You’re ready to test payments. Logout as Administrator and attempt to place a listing–verify that it goes through.
- Payments will not be taken if you are logged in as the administrator!
IMPORTANT: Once you’re done testing, be sure to Uncheck “Put gateways in test mode” so you can accept real payments.
Once correctly configured, your payment options and 2Checkout configuration will look like this (production mode):
Where your account information appears under the vendor ID and secret word fields. And like this under the Payment->General settings sub tab:
The remaining settings including currency code and currency code placement are left up to you, depending on your preferences and needs.
You can also configure payment reminders for those who attempted to place a listing, but never complete the process (“Abandoned Cart Emails”):
And lastly, if you have the Discount Codes module installed, you can activate whether to allow discounts for listing purchases here as well.
Now you should be ready to receive payments via 2Checkout!