These documents represent various items in Business Directory Plugin that you can customize yourself and the recommended ways to do so. You are welcome to ask questions about customizations, but please understand that while we can provide general guidance on them, it’s beyond the scope of our customer support to provide specific files, lines to add, etc. Customization is something you have to debug and work out on your own.
We assume that you have the skills to do so when you start–which include, but are not limited to, advanced PHP, WordPress API, HTML and CSS. If you’re not comfortable with these development aspects yourself, you’ll probably want to hire someone to help you make those changes.
If you need help, there are a few great resources to help you out here.
- Tilden Tasks: They will also do longer WordPress tasks, but they break it down to 1 task per day.
- Codeable, which has WordPress expert developers available for short-term projects: https://codeable.io
- The last option would be hiring a developer on Upwork (formerly known as oDesk) to help out if you think this is beyond your current skill set. http://upwork.com There’s a lot of decent folks on there as well.
Business Directory Customization Topics
- General Customization Guide
- Business Directory themes specification
- Form Fields API
- Template Hooks
- Directory Themes / Usage