Business Directory supports these payment gateway modules:
Installing Payment Gateways
The ZIP you download is a full WP plugin. Install it as follows:
Upload the ZIP as a plugin via the MANUAL process*. From the WordPress admin panel
- Go to Plugins → Add New.
- Click on the Upload link, and then click on Browse Now to locate the ZIP file you just downloaded.
- Click OK once you find it on your local computer.
- Click the Install Now button to start the process.
- After the installation completes, click the Activate Plugin link to turn on the module.
*NOTE: If you are using a Mac, the file may be automatically unzipped when you download it. You can change the default setting in Safari to only download the ZIP file and not unpack it. To do this: 1. Open Safari, 2. Click Preferences, 3. Under the General tab, uncheck the option Open “safe” files after downloading.
Configuring PayFast Gateway
- Install PayFast Gateway module
- Go to Directory → Settings → Payment
- At the top, check Enable Payments.
- Click on the PayFast sub-tab
- Check the box to activate PayFast gateway option
- Enter your Merchant Email and ID from the PayFast account information
- Enter your Merchant Key and Salted Passphrase from the PayFast account dashboard
- (Optional, but recommended) Put the payment gateways in test mode. Uncheck this when done testing!
- Change your currency, if applicable
- Change currency display options, if you want
- Turn on the abandoned cart emails, if desired
- Save settings
- Create one or more Fee Plans
- You’re ready to test payments. Logout as Administrator and attempt to place a listing–verify that it goes through.
- Payments will not be taken if you are logged in as the administrator!
Once correctly configured, your payment options and PayFast configuration will look like this (production mode):
Your settings for the Merchant Info will be different, of course. In addition to the PayFast-specific settings, you should also have settings like this under the Payment → General settings sub tab:
The remaining settings including currency code and currency code placement are left up to you, depending on your preferences and needs.
You can also configure payment reminders for those who attempted to place a listing, but never complete the process ("Abandoned Cart Emails"):
And lastly, if you have the Discount Codes module installed, you can activate whether to allow discounts for listing purchases here as well.
Now you should be ready to receive payments via PayFast!