Installing Payment Gateways
Follow the installation steps to get started.
Configuring PayFast Gateway
- Install PayFast Gateway module
- Go to Directory → Settings → Payment
- At the top, check Enable Payments.
- Click on the PayFast sub-tab
- Check the box to activate PayFast gateway option
- Enter your Merchant Email and ID from the PayFast account information
- Enter your Merchant Key and Salted Passphrase from the PayFast account dashboard
- (Optional, but recommended) Put the payment gateways in test mode. Uncheck this when done testing!
- Change your currency, if applicable
- Change currency display options, if you want
- Turn on the abandoned cart emails, if desired
- Save settings
- Create one or more Fee Plans
- You’re ready to test payments. Logout as Administrator and attempt to place a listing–verify that it goes through.
- Payments will not be taken if you are logged in as the administrator!
Once correctly configured, your payment options and PayFast configuration will look like this (production mode):
Your settings for the Merchant Info will be different, of course. In addition to the PayFast-specific settings, you should also have settings like this under the Payment → General settings sub tab:
The remaining settings including currency code and currency code placement are left up to you, depending on your preferences and needs.
You can also configure payment reminders for those who attempted to place a listing, but never complete the process (“Abandoned Cart Emails”):
And lastly, if you have the Discount Codes module installed, you can activate whether to allow discounts for listing purchases here as well.
Now you should be ready to receive payments via PayFast!