Google Analytics is a must-have for any website owner. Here are five Google Analytics plugins that can help you add this vital tool to your WordPress site!
Google Analytics is an essential tool for any website owner. However, integrating this powerful analytics platform with WordPress isn’t always straightforward.
Fortunately, there are tools that can make the setup process simple. With the right plugin, you can even monitor important Google Analytics reports directly from your WordPress dashboard. This includes page views, bounce rates, and even conversion rates with enhanced eCommerce Google Analytics.
In this post, we’ll share five of the best Google Analytics plugins. To help you find a solution that fits your budget, we’ll be including free, paid, and freemium options. Let’s get started!
With over three million users, MonsterInsights is the best Google Analytics plugin for WordPress. This tool enables you to add Google Analytics to your site, without having to write a single line of code:
The free MonsterInsights plugin boasts enhanced e-commerce tracking for popular software, including WooCommerce and Easy Digital Downloads. This makes it an excellent option for anyone who runs an online store. It’s also a smart choice for affiliate marketers. It can automatically track all of your banner ads, outbound links, and affiliate URLs.
Here are some of MonsterInsight's key features:
- Ensures compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Supports Google Optimize
- Provides one-click integration with a range of popular services, including Yoast SEO, Formidable Forms, and Google AdSense
Price: You can download the MonsterInsights plugin for free. Premium MonsterInsights subscriptions start at $99.50 per year.
Used on more than one million WordPress websites, ExactMetrics is another popular Google Analytics plugin. It enables you to watch people navigating your site in real-time:
If you run an e-commerce store, you’ll be interested to learn that ExactMetrics offers one-click integration for both WooCommerce and Easy Digital Downloads. ExactMetrics also has support for custom dimensions. This enables you to track your site’s authors, categories, and tags. If you feel restricted by Google Analytics’ default metrics, this may be the plugin for you.
Check out some of ExactMetrics' most powerful features:
- Tracks cross-device sessions as a single session
- Provides a completely customizable WordPress analytics dashboard widget
- Automatically tracks your affiliate links and advertisements
Price: An ExactMetrics subscription ranges from $99.50 to $699.50 per year. A free version is also available but isn't recommended due to poor overall user ratings.
Analytify is a popular freemium plugin. With this tool, you can add the Google Analytics tracking code to your website via a one-click process:
If you purchase a premium license, you’ll get access to real-time statistics and campaign stats. This plugin also offers improved e-commerce tracking and campaign management.
Notably, Analytify comes with built-in automated email reporting. This is particularly useful for any agencies or freelancers who may be monitoring Google Analytics on behalf of a client. Simply click on Send Email, and it will forward a detailed report directly to your client.
Here are some of their standout features:
- Offers goal tracking
- Supports custom post types
- Displays statistics on any page or post via front-end report shortcodes
- Provides system stats, including operating systems, browser, and mobile device data
Price: You can download the core plugin for free. Premium licenses are also available, starting at $47 per year.
If you run a WooCommerce store, you may want to take a look at Conversios.io. This plugin enables you to connect your Google Analytics, Google Ads, and Google Merchant Center accounts. It can also sync with your WooCommerce products:
The Conversios.io Google Analytics plugin tracks the entire customer journey, from product views right through to checkout. By providing visibility into the entire e-commerce funnel, Conversios.io can help you optimize your store to drive more sales.
Here are some of Conversios.io's key features:
- Monitors how shoppers are interacting with your store via in-depth behavior reports
- Tracks cart abandonment rates
- Integrates with your Google Ads and Google Merchant Center accounts, Smart Shopping Campaign management, and Shopping Campaign reports
Price: You can download the basic Conversios.io plugin for free. Premium licenses are also available, ranging from $179 to $349 when billed annually.
GA Google Analytics is a fast and lightweight WordPress plugin that makes the setup process easy. Simply generate a tracking ID, add it to your site, and you’re ready to go:
The free version of GA Google Analytics aims for simplicity. So it's a good choice if you don’t need lots of different features. With its minimal approach, this is also a great solution if you want to preserve your page load times.
If the free plugin feels too streamlined, a premium version is also available. This adds support for multiple tracking codes, plus the option to disable tracking for specific posts, user roles, and post types.
Here are some features that GA Google Analytics can offer you:
- Lets you add your own custom markup
- Disables tracking of admin-level users
- Preserves the visitor’s privacy by displaying an opt-out-box (premium only)
Price: You can download this plugin for free. Lifetime licenses for the Pro version range from $15 to $120.
If you’re not monitoring your traffic, then you’re almost certainly missing out on opportunities. Not only can you improve your website, but you can also make data driven decisions. By adding Google Analytics to your site, you’ll have a wealth of invaluable information at your fingertips.
Looking for an easy way to integrate Google Analytics? Then check out any of the five choices we recommended above:
- MonsterInsights: This feature-rich plugin integrates with a wide range of additional services.
- ExactMetrics: With support for custom dimensions, this tool offers tracking that’s tailored to you.
- Analytify: This freemium solution has some unique features, including automated email reports.
- Conversios.io: If you run a WooCommerce store, this tool promises to track the entire sales funnel.
- GA Google Analytics: A streamlined WordPress plugin that takes a minimal approach to integrating Google Analytics.
Now that you’re successfully tracking your visitors, let’s improve those Google Analytics results! An informative, helpful directory can drive more people to your site and keep them there. Find out how to quickly and easily create a directory for your WordPress website with our Business Directory Plugin.