Planning to launch a directory website on WordPress? Looking for the best WordPress directory plugin? Find it here!
A directory site offers a great opportunity to serve the community. You can also earn a living from a directory listing site. Building a directory website is easy when you follow the right way. Choose the best directory plugin for WordPress that suits your purpose, and go live!
Creating a directory is possible both in an existing site or on a new site. Do you have your website up and running? You can build a directory as a part of its offering.
Or, maybe you want to get a distinct identity for your directory? Then you can launch a new website for the portal as well.
Either way, a WordPress directory plugin is the only tool you need. In this article, we’ll tell you about the best directory plugins for WordPress. Before jumping into the list, let’s have a look at what to consider when choosing a directory listing WordPress plugin.
Best WordPress directory plugin features
Planning to create a business directory, city directory, or any other online directory site? The core functionalities would be similar. Here are the features that you need to consider before choosing a WordPress directory plugin.
- Easy to use and maintain
- Responsive, mobile-optimized
- SEO friendly
- Styling options
- Front-end listing submission
- Member registration system
- Free and paid listing options
- Multiple payment gateways
- Recurring payment support
- Rating and review functionalities
- Map and multimedia content support
- Search and filtering options
- User rating and review capabilities
The top 10 WordPress directory plugins
Here comes our list of the best directory plugins for WordPress. Feel free to explore all of them and choose the one you need!
Business Directory Plugin is an all-in-one directory tool for WordPress sites. No matter what type of directory is in your mind, Business Directory Plugin can build it. Here are some highlighted features of Business Directory Plugin.
- The core Business Directory Plugin is free. You can build a functional directory site with a front-end listing submission system using the free version.
- Easy to set up and get started. The free version supports both free and paid listings. For multiple payment methods, you need a paid plan.
- You can create your own fee plans and accept payments on a recurring basis from the members. The number of images in a listing item can be controlled using the fee plans.
- The form fields are fully customizable. The directory listing items are 100% responsive and mobile-optimized.
- The plugin is translation ready. That means you can offer a native business listing or directory experience to your community.
- Business Directory Plugin has its own directory themes. You can use these directory templates to utilize its styling options. Also, it works with any other WordPress themes.
- Filter by location and other criteria available. Extensive search capability built-in.
- More features include discount code, export/import, reCAPTCHA, file attachment, featured listing, claimed listing, developer support for tweaking listing templates, etc.
Formidable Directory is a dedicated offering by Formidable Forms. Formidable Forms has lots of features and integrations. Its Directory plugin lets you build a full-fledged listing site. Find some of its core features below.
- Drag and drop directory submission form builder. You get all the listing submission form fields you may need.
- Free directory templates are included in the package to build a global/local business directory, staff directory, and user directory.
- Front-end directory listing submission system. Also, users can edit their item content on the front-end.
- It supports both free and paid submissions. You can use multiple payment gateways. A recurring payment option is also available.
- Lots of marketing, business, and CRM automation integrations (e.g. Mailchimp, WooCommerce, etc.). Use them and take your directory or listing site to the next level.
- A visual form styler is built-in. You can beautify your forms without any coding. Exciting, right?
- Review and rating functionalities are also there. Let your visitors share their thoughts and satisfactions about the listings.
Pricing: Formidable’s Directory plugin is sold as an add-on for the main form plugin. The Directory add-on is priced at $149. It's sold separately. You will need a Formidable Forms Business or Elite plan to use the Directory add-on.
So, you get much more than just a directory or a form builder!
AWPCP (Another WordPress Classifieds Plugin), is an easy to use classifieds ad publishing and management platform. This ad directory and listing plugin is so popular in its niche. If you need a classifieds site tool, AWPCP is a great choice. Check out its core features below.
- Create attractive and powerful classifieds publishing sites with ease.
- Make money by using the monetization options including multiple payment method support.
- Front-end submission & editing system. This will make things more familiar.
- Responsive, mobile-optimized, and SEO friendly.
- Export and import options available. It lets you move and bulk edit content easily.
- Attachment and image upload support. You can limit them based on fee plans.
- More features include coupons, featured ads, reviews, RSS feeds, etc.
A premium WordPress directory plugin with lots of features. You may need a bit of time to figure it out at first sight. But once you learn it, you’ll be good to go. The core features of Sabai Directory are mentioned below.
- Responsive, mobile-friendly, and flat design.
- Display items in a list view, grid view, or map view.
- Allow the visitors to search listings by categories, keywords, locations, etc.
- Front-end submission, custom fields, and visual form editor.
- Rating and review system for the visitors.
- Photo uploads. Commenting on photos is also possible.
- Paid listings with recurring and custom pricing plans.
- Multiple payment gateway support.
Pricing: The Sabai Directory plugin doesn’t offer any free version. It’s sold via CodeCanyon. Pricing starts at $29. More options available if you want extended support and rights.
The Directories Pro plugin is created by the same team that developed Sabai Directory. The main difference is in their look and feel. It has a redesigned user interface. Why not see the core features of Directories Pro? Let’s do that!
- Fast, responsive, and mobile-optimized.
- Front-end listing submission and front-end user dashboard.
- Guest submission for listings items.
- Auto-suggestion in search with dynamic filtering.
- Free and paid listing options with multiple payment gateway support.
- Reviews & ratings, claimed listings, and more.
Pricing: This plugin doesn't have a free version. You can purchase it from CodeCanyon at $39 (regular license).
A free plugin with basic directory features for a minimal listing site. You won’t get many features in it, but that’s understandable!
While the core plugin is free, it offers several paid extensions. These will add a few additional features. Here is some notable stuff about LDD Directory Lite.
- Easy and quick to get started. Not many advanced features. Less complexity.
- Do you have some web design or development experience? Then you can customize its look and feel.
- Front-end listing submission and front-end user panel.
- You can customize its email notifications for the admins and users.
- Social media and Google Maps support.
- Five paid extensions for additional functionalities: Directory Reports & Exports, Directory Import, Directory Reviews, Directory Social Login, and Directory Social Share.
Pricing: As mentioned above, the main plugin is free. You can purchase paid extensions to get more features. Extension prices start at $9.99 and go up to $19.99.
Another WordPress directory plugin with a range of features. It’s very customizable and configurable. You’ll need to go through some learning curve to use this plugin. The core features of the plugin are as follows.
- Flexibility in customization and functionalities.
- Fun for the developers thanks to its huge flexibility.
- Predesigned templates to have a professional look and feel.
- Repeatable fields to offer the users more freedom when submitting an entry.
- A bunch of premium add-ons available if you want more features.
Pricing: The main plugin is free. You can extend it with paid extensions.
The pricing of their pro extensions varies in range for each title. It can be up to $75 for a single site license. Sounds much? Well, maybe it is!
Planning to create a global business directory? You can give GeoDirectory a try. This plugin has a free version. But the free one allows you to build just a basic local directory.
To enjoy the main GeoDirectory benefits, you’ll need to buy a paid plan. Core features of this plugin include the following.
- Front-end listing submission and editing.
- Works with most of the popular themes and page builders.
- Multiple custom field types to better present directory items.
- Lots of widgets and widget areas come with the plugin.
- Drag and drop builder. Built-in style customizer.
- Sorting, search, and filtering options.
Pricing: You can download the plugin for free. This will give you an idea of what it can do. Purchasing a paid plan will give you its power.
Pricing starts at $99 for 4 months. Yes, 4 months of support and updates. Higher plans offer more time. And sometimes, more benefits.
A unique directory plugin that works more like a glossary. It’s completely free.
You can use it for a company glossary of terms. Or, employee information database. Let’s take a closer look at Name Directory,
- Easy to use, minimal, and lightweight plugin.
- Mostly for presenting information rather than user-generated content.
- You can create multiple directories and present them using shortcodes.
- The plugin is good to go with your existing WordPress website.
- It comes with a few customizable directory styles.
- Search, export/import, sorting options are also there!
Pricing: Completely free. Downloadable from the WordPress plugin directory.
A premium WordPress directory plugin that is sold through CodeCanyon. It has some interesting features and beautiful layout designs. The plugin works for both local and global directories. Here are some highlighted features of Directory Pro.
- Responsive design means it will load well on any screen size.
- Front-end submission, claim a listing, contact form.
- Badges and featured listing options for better engagement.
- Free and paid listings with multiple payment options.
- You can charge your visitors for viewing a listing item as well!
- Front-end dashboard, event listing, booking, user profiles, etc.
Pricing: You can purchase this plugin from CodeCanyon at $39 (regular license). There are several other options as well. But no free version.
We believe you’ll find your desired WordPress directory plugin from the above list. Business Directory Plugin is the best option for any kind of directory you can imagine. With all of its robust features, you can build a future-proof directory site in no time.
So, what are you waiting for? Get Business Directory Plugin now and launch your directory or listing site today!