The Directory → Settings section is where all of the key Business Directory configuration options are entered, edited and maintained. You will spend some time learning about all of the options available, as BD is highly configurable and lots of options are available to control what you users can see and do.
The Settings are comprised of the following “tabs” that are visible on the right once you click Directory → Settings. It looks like this when you first install the plugin:
Or if you have one or more modules installed, you'll see this:
You can configure the following options from here:
- General Tab with sub-tabs:
- Listings Tab with no sub-tabs
- Email Tab with sub-tabs:
- Payment Tab with sub-tabs:
- Appearance Tab with sub-tabs:
- Licenses Tab
- Restrictions (if module is installed)
- Enhanced Categories (if module is installed)
- Regions (if module is installed)
- Ratings (if module is installed)
- Maps (if module is installed)
- Attachments (if module is installed)
- ZIP Search (if module is installed)
- Data Collection Allow BD to anonymously collect information about your installed plugins, themes and WP version? BD has the optional setting where you can send us information about your server so we're better able to test and prepare each release to avoid breaking your site! We have a full writeup on what we collect and do with that data here. We don't collect private data like site URL, usernames, passwords or keys, but do gather general info like PHP version etc to help our testing efforts.
At the top of the screen, there is a “Reset Defaults” button. If you click that, it will reset all settings in BD to the default when the plugin was first installed. You should only use this option if you are certain that you want to reset EVERYTHING for the directory. Reset Defaults will not remove license keys. They are always kept around no matter what (you can manually deactivate them if needed).